Re: Inserting special characters..

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:20:48AM -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:
> > Thanks for the information, but in emacs how do you use the composed
> > character?  I tried it out, but the character(s) just sit in the
> > compose buffer and I can't figure out any way to actually insert the
> > character into text.
>
> Not sure what you mean...it always just works for me...

Here is what the minibuffer displays as I type in the keys to produce
an e grave:

   C-x-
   C-x 8-
   C-x 8 `-

The "e" in the following two lines is actually an e-grave:

   e-
   e return-

Instead of RET printing the e-grave at the point, the RET key prints
the word "return" in the minibuffer and awaits more input.

Haines Brown