Re: Multihoming Setup (w/ Apache)

On April 25, 2003 02:46 pm, Sean Abrahams wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can guide me through setting up Debian for
> Multihoming and then possibly configuring Apache to play nice with it.

Normally a linux machine has 3 routing tables, they are:

- default routing table (numerically table 253)
- main routing table (numerically table 254)
- local routing table (numerically table 255)

If you would like to see what is in each of those tables the commands
"ip route sh table [local|main|default]".

To properly route traffic to the Internet when you are multi-homed you will
have to resort to advanced routing tricks (unless you have a smart router in
front of your machine).

    ip route add default via 192.168.0.254 table 192
    ip route add default via 172.16.0.254 table 172

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                                 Debian GNU/Linux