CD-ROM probs when compiling kernel2.4.18

Hi,

	I'm compiling a 2.4.18 kernel on a fresh install of
woody on a 486-25SX.  The stock installation kernel
(2.2.20-compact) runs fine.  When I try to boot my own
kernel, however, it stops when it gets to the second
look at the cdrom drive.

	The normal boot sequence (with the 2.2.20 kernel) is: