Re: Loop mount question.

Ramasubramanian Ramesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Is there a way to loop mount a .zip or .tgz file so that I can look
> inside without having to unzip or untar? In other words, what exactly is
> the requirement on a file for it to be loop mountable.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> R. Ramesh

Midnight Commander (mc) is one way of doing that with .zip files,
.tar.gz files, .tgz files etc. You can view the contents with View (F3),
and you can enter into the file by double clicking it (or highlighting
it and pressing Enter). Once inside, you can view contents of files,
copy them out etc. Also works with deb files. Probably rpm and others
also.

Tom