Re: ddclient

Hi,

* karrottop <karrottop@fuse.net> [030425 15:48]:
> I was wondering if somebody could give me a quick example setup for
> ddclient.  I am using a dynamic ip and ddclient seems to be locating
> that fine but it is not updating my ip on dyndns.org.  I do not know if
> this matters but my dns is one of the is-a-geek.com dns's rather than
> the original, I dont know if I have to account for that or not, please
> if somebody knows what to do help, because I am all bout completely out
> of ideas.

I use dhcpcd and ddclient.

I put the following line in /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd.exe (read the file it
will indicate where to put it).

 /root/bin/ddclient -daemon=0 -syslog -use=ip -ip=`/usr/local/bin/ip` /dev/null 2>&1

/usr/local/bin/ip is a short script that gets the ip of eth0 using
ifconfig.

hastings@onefish ~ 3%  cat /usr/local/bin/ip
#!/bin/sh
if [ $# -lt 1 ] ; then
    iface=eth0
else
    iface=$1
fi
/sbin/ifconfig ${iface} | grep 'inet addr:'  | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d " " -f1

Also make sure that your /etc/ddclient.conf is set up correctly
(dpkg-reconfigure ddclient), tell it not to run ddclient in deamon mode.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux cat 2.4.20-looxt93 #1 Tue Apr 22 11:23:37 JST 2003