Re: X11 Server for ms windows

Paul Johnson said:

> I wonder if an X server that integrates with Windows (ie, Explorer is the
> wm and X11 windows appear like Win32 windows and can be
> manipulated as such) exists.  That would be getting somewhere.

I think your best bet may be one of the exceed products. most commercial
development these days is going to thin client(even exceed's newer stuff),
which technically puts the X server on the server, and runs a special app
to connect to it over the network rather then having the X server on the
win32 client.

or Xfree86 on cygwin, haven't tried it myself but hear its decent. haven't
used exceed since 1997 I think either. been lucky enough not to use MS
win* in a day to day enviornment for many years either.

nate