Re: ext3: 100% full; after moving 3GB still full

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:52:33AM +0200, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> The problem of getting back could be solved: a process was still
> holding an open fd on a file with about 2.9GB.  However, the problem
> why a user can fill up the whole partition scares me.

If you don't want one user to be able to fill up the entire /home
filesystem then you should configure user quotas. That's what they're
for, they control users' disk usage. I think there's an entire HOWTO
devoted to quotas, but I don't know if it's completely up to date.

--
Michael Heironimus