Re: Woody installation under VMWare

nate, 2003-Apr-24 12:52 -0700:
> Jeff said:
>
> > I've had no trouble installing woody on vmware using the scsi virtual
> > disk.  I boot using cd disk #5, bf2.4, which recognizes the scsi disk
> > everytime.  I'm using vmware 3.2.
>
> yes I have installed to the SCSI virtual disk and it is detected fine
> but after the install is done the system doesn't boot(of course I take
> the CD out ..). I don't see a SCSI bios in the boot sequence and the
> vmware bios doesn't give any options for booting off SCSI disks on
> my systems anyways .....
>
> I suppose if you use the CD to boot after the system is installed
> it would work but for me its easier just to install to a virtual IDE
> at least for the boot partition.

Hmmm...mine have all bootup just fine.  I use the default installation
process for making the system bootable, installing LILO into MBR on
/dev/sda.  Works everytime.

Did you use the vmware wizard to create a new virtual machine?  That's
what I do for each new install.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer