Re: Woody installation under VMWare

From: "nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Woody installation under VMWare
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

> hi nate, thank you.
>
> this sounds good, but how can i do it in vmware ?
> the 'virtual device node' pulldown contains only
> scsi0:0 to scsi0:6 !

not sure on all my systems there is an IDE option too:

http://portal.aphroland.org/~aphro/vmware-screenshot.png

nate

Quick quesion. Is there a comprehensive howto (aside from the manual you can download from vmware.com)? I have recently tried installing Debian Woody and RH9 into vmware virtual machines in the lab at school. Everything goes fine until post-install reboot. Then the xserver is uncooperative. I don't recall the exact error messages, but it was basically somehthing like "can't find display."

I made sure to select the video card as vmware in both cases.

Any ideas?

-Roberto Sanchez