Re: slapd: cannot install, cannot remove, bugs 100s days old...

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 01:10:21PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
|   what's going on with slapd? it cannot be installed or removed, there
| are some bugs related to this (not sure if it's the same problem), no
| resolutions...
|
|   any info on what's going on?

I saw a similar problem a little while ago.  What happened was the
install failed because it didn't add the load module stuff to my
existing config.  I fixed it manually and started slapd.  Then, it
turned out, the install failed because it couldn't start slapd because
it was already listening on the socket.  Look to see if you have a
slapd process running (use 'netstat') and stop it before installing or
removing the package.  Also check in syslog -- that's where the error
message will be.

-D

--
I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave
has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/