Re: Gnome 2 in Sarge ?

Dominique Deleris <dominique.deleris@bluewin.ch> writes:

> Does anybody know when Gnome 2.2 will enter Sarge? It's been
> quite a long time now that it is in Sid, and that a backport
> exists for Woody. I see from
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/meta-gnome2.html
> that it should now be possible (17 days old)...

I think all of the lines below like "Depends: meta-gnome2 eog" give
reasons it won't go in; for example, eog has a release-critical bug
(#189002).  There's the more fundamental problem that gtk+2.0 hasn't
been built on Alpha or ARM, it looks like due to issues with its build
dependencies.  You can find all of this from prodding around from the
page you referenced.

	-- Abra Mitchell