Re: X11 Server for ms windows

Hugh Saunders wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:59:18AM +0100, Organ Grinder wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Does anyone know of a X11 Server for ms windows? I've seen some for
>> windows but there all eval... I have to use w2k for my workstation
>> otherwise it would be linux on my desktop and not a problem.
> cygwin has an Xserver, but ive never got it to work... if you have
> more success, tell me how!!

Yeah, it works quite well on a fast PC, as long as you stick to very basic
window managers and programs.  It's never going to be lightning quick, as
the overhead of the cygwin.dll is not inconsiderable.

Cygwin is a great tool - it really eases the pain of using Windows for those
of us who are forced to.