Re: "E: Internal error" apt-get installing sysvinit

said Colin Watson (on 2003-04-22),

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 12:50:21PM -0400, Geordie Birch wrote:
> > said David Z Maze (on 2003-04-22),
> > > In general, if you're running and actively tracking unstable, you
> > > should be willing to put up with occasional breakage like this, and
> > > almost certainly be subscribed to debian-devel-announce (low
> > > traffic).  You should probably be comfortable tracking down problems,
> > > and helping the community by submitting bug reports (and possibly
> > > including fixes).  Subscribing to debian-devel or debian-devel-changes
> > > wouldn't be a bad idea, but both are fairly high-traffic.
> >
> > Yes, of course.  Does this preclude asking questions on -user?
>
> Not at all. Filing bugs is usually a more productive way of getting the
> problem fixed, though. (The sort of breakage you quoted must be a bug in
> something.)

I agree.  In this case i posted to -user rather than filing a bug because
the error message was an obscure one, and I didn't know if the issue was
with apt or sysvinit.  (Next time I'll use more than one character to
phrase my question.)

Geordie.