Re: [LONG] RH refugee comments & questions

    "Angus" == Angus D Madden <Angus> writes:

    Angus> Hans Ekbrand, Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:08:08AM +0200:
    >> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 06:00:49PM +0200, Patrice Fortier
    >> wrote: An other feature that I miss is the [ OK ] [FAILED] at
    >> boot for the rc?.d/ stuff. You can think it's just a fancy
    >>
    >  Agreed. For me who have never used anything but Debian, that
    >  sounds like something I would like Debian to do :-)

    Angus> It looks pretty starting up, but makes customizing init
    Angus> scripts more difficult because certain parts of the scripts

It also assumes that Debian users boot debian frequently :-)

My home machine boots when the power fails (about 4 times in the last
12 months: my power utility is less reliable than 2.4.18!). The skunk
debian woody server I run for my employer have been up over 180 days
at last count, and has only been rebooted twice (when we moved racks,
and when I put 2.4.18 on it).

Just another data point.....

Cheers!
Shyamal