Re: Running SpamAssassin on an old Pentium

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 04:33:15PM -0700, Alvin Oga (aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com) wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Craig Genner wrote:
> >
> > > Depends on what the 80% is of, 80 e-mails out of 100 isn't all that bad but
> > > 800 out of 1000 would be to much.  It also depends on respomse time, if you
> >
> > even 8 out of 10 is bad ...   because the important info they needed
> > was considered spam and dumped.... bad thing to do ..
>
> Read the post, Alvin.  Question wasn't "what's the false positive/false
> negative rate", it's "what's the total mail load"?

got me on the load vs false +/- ...

from the above, i donno if that 80 emails is per hour or per day..

my itty-bitty PentiumPro-200 is able to handle about 1000 spam attempts
a day... and have plenty of idle cpu time .. ( trivial load at that rate )

c ya
alvin