Re: winmodem

I have an ibm a31p 2653n5u with a Agere Systems AC'97
Modem . this is a winmodem. with the help of the
members in this list i could get all other essential
h/w working on my laptop. i am trying to know if
someone managed to get this modem to work on this
laptop. this might need a linux driver can anyone
suggest any freely available driver for this modem ?

Try http://ltmodem.heby.de/

The drivers are not free (not completely open source because Lucent/Agere only provides a precompiled core code kit). But if there is not a binary driver available for your distro/kernel combo you can download a partial source package and compile it yourself.

-Roberto