Re: Home directory

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:27:23PM -0600, Francisco Castellon wrote:
> Hi:
>
> What should be the permissions that should be set for each user's home
> directory is it chmod 700 or chmod 770?

It isn't going to make much difference if user and group are set the
same on the directory and no one else shares that group.  Assuming you don't
want users viewing each other's files I would go with 700 in case the
wrong group got assigned accidentally.  It all really depends on what
you want your users to be able to do.
hth,
kent

--
To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)