Re: xv saving as smaller size

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 05:36:53PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:

<description of how xv resizes images deleted>

> Is this considered a feature?

Of course it is.  How else would you expect it to work?  To xv, a resize is
a resize is a resize, no matter what triggers it.  You have to keep this in
mind when you're saving files.

As to filing bugs, well, xv isn't in Debian any more because of its
non-free license, although more than a few people maintain the old
build-tree because they like the application.  For myself, most of the
replacement applications either make me crazy, don't do a quarter of what
xv can do, or are Gnome applications.

There's all sorts of patches out there to allow it to use a mouse wheel, to
resize proportionally, etc.

--
 Marc Wilson |     "Poor man... he was like an employee to me."  --
 msw@cox.net |     The police commisioner on "Sledge Hammer" laments