Re: Users ready for Debian on the Desktop

On Saturday 19 April 2003 20:59, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 18:08, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > Well, they might look cool, but I guess when it comes to design,
> > nothing beats a Mac. If there is one company with an absoloute
> > advantage in design, that's Apple.
>
> Very true.How good is debians support of the apple platform. Is it
> worth me considering buying an apple laptop next ?

PPC people seems to be active, and usually I see many packages for ppc.
PPC support might not compete with i386 (for example I have heard that
MPlayer doesn't work on non-i386 machines perfectly), but it seems to
be useable and stable.

I am also thinking of buying an iBook. I admit, they are a bit more
expensive than their i386 counterparts, but anyway, I am thinking
different :-)

But one issue which makes me think twice when buying a Mac, is their low
processor speed. Sure, i know that clock speed isn't everything, and
AMD has really proved it I guess, but still when I see that 800 Mhz
Power G3 sentence, I get a strange feeling ...

Cheers
--
/* Impeach God */
			--RMS