Re: how much memory does Gnome use?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 02:21:58PM -0500, xucaen@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi all..
> I was wondering how much memory Gnome 1.4 uses?

That's kinda of an interesting question...the GNOME1.4 environment
probably fits in 64MB of RAM, but apps like OpenOffice and Mozilla will
increase that significantly.  Of course, linux uses swap transparently,
so as long as you have enough swap + RAM, it'll work with however much
RAM you have, albeit slower as more stuff goes into swap.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?