Re: validate xml against xsd

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:51:36AM -0800, David Wright wrote:
> I am looking for a simple command-line utility that allows me to
> validate a given xml file against a given xsd file. For example:
>
> $ validate test.xml test.xsd
> Error on line 41: <foobar> element missing
>
> For this project, I don't need a programming library that gives me a DOM
> or SAX view of the file. I just need pure command-line driven
> validation. Does such a utility exist, either as a Debian package or out
> there as source code?

rob@thebox> apt-cache search xml|grep valid
checky - Online validation and analysis services for Mozilla
flexml - Generate fast validating XML processors and applications.
libpxp-ocaml-dev - OCaml library that implement an XML-1.0 validating parser
librexml-ruby - pure Ruby non-validating XML parser supporting Namespaces, XPath
librxp1 - Shared library for XML parsing and validating
libxml-checker-perl - Perl modules for validating XML
nqxml - pure Ruby implementation of a non-validating XML processor
rxp - A validating XML parser

Looks like rxp is what you want...

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?