Re: Counterstrike on Linux

On Friday 18 April 2003 17:41, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 14:34, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> [...]
>
> > PS: Personaly I don't beleive in Wine
>
> Why not ?

For two reasons:
1)
Because of the history of OS/2. I guess if wine worked perfectly, no
software manufacturer (Oracle, IBM ...) would have bothered to natively
port their applications to GNU/Linux. If you were ever a OS/2 user, you
would know what I mean. It was painfull to see that such a great OS and
strong API existed, but that no developer was taking advantage of it.
OS/2 showed, that being a better windows than windows, isn't the way to
go.

2)
I believe in free software. I guess the sole reason that I use GNU/Linux
daily, is to get rid of those proprietary licenses. What's the point of
running non-free software on GNU/Linux?

just my $0.02

Cheers

--