Re: Urgente - 6 tarjetas de Red

From: Shri Shrikumar <shri@urbyte.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Urgente - 6 tarjetas de Red
Date: 17 Apr 2003 18:06:46 +0100

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 15:53, Didier Caamano wrote:
> I agree with you that anybody should learn or know at least how to
> communicate in the official language of a region before moving there.
> However; he never use improper spanish, and under any sircunstance he tried > to mix both languages in order to create that sentece; the sentence was in > perfect spanish. Besides, why are you assumiong that this person live in the
> United States? He could perfectly live in any latin-american country and
> just join the list because he is new to debian or just because he wants to
> participate and share with this list.

Very true point. However, a list could be considered a "digital region"
with a set audience. This one with a primary language of english.

However, I have nothing against people who post here in a language other
than english. Its just that unless people here can understand what they
are asking, they cannot be helped.

Just my £0.02

Shri

I completly agree with you, that's why I transalted the original post so people with a better understanding of networking could help him if possible; furthermore, here is a copy of the original post already translated in English, so we don't forget the root of the original question.

Post translated to english:

I installed Debian with six network cards but the system is recognizing only four of them; moreover, all the NICs are from the same brand.

Is there any restriction on how many NICs can be installed and recognized?

That's all for the moment, have a nice day everyone,
Didier.

"Nothing would please me more than being able to hire ten programmers and deluge the hoby market with good software"...Bill Gates 1976...We're still waiting