gimp_tips.txt not found on startup

Hi,

On starting gimp it tries to display the "tip of the day" and never
finds the gimp_tips.txt file, which it proclaims should be in the "data"
directory. Well, it is located in /usr/share/gimp1.2/tips/ and it seems
allright, allthough gimp can never seem to find it when it starts up. I
tried moving it around a bit, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Permissions seem okay, I guess it's the right directory. I'm running
testing, if anybody has an idea about what is going wrong it's well
appreciated.

mvg,
Wim

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein