Re: netiquette on other lists

Miquel van Smoorenburg said:

> Because they simply do not understand, and the software they
> use (usually Outlook) has ALL the wrong default settings.

I had a job a few years ago where most of the users interacted
with a AIX machine over a serial console, it required all commands
be input IN CAPS. So everyone kept their caps lock on all the time.
including the CEO. Scared the shit out of me when he would email
me saying

I NEED TO SEE YOU IN MY OFFICE ASAP.

when he wasn't yelling, just didn't know any better. could never
convince them to turn off caps lock, eventually the AIX system
was replaced and I think the system that replaced it no longer
required caps lock.

but as a geek in that enviornment it was hard to read email :)

there was a couple other geeks in the company but the whole caps
lock thing didn't get to them like it did to me. When I first
started doing email it didn't effect me either but now it really
does.

nate