Re: bloating file system

Am Mit, 2003-04-16 um 19.33 schrieb Harland Christofferson:
> i have a root "/" file partition that has swelled to 100% use without
> explaination. preceding this, my machine had faulty ram. i replaced
> the ram. i do not know if this somehow caused an error in the filesystem.
> does anyone know how i may repair this bloated filesystem?

The faulty RAM module may have produced lots and lots of error messages
in your logfiles.

Check /var/log, or do a "cd /;du -h *" to find the folder which filled
up your HD.

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice