Re: iomega zip under debian 3.0r1
On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 12:35:51AM +0100, Ricardo wrote:
> Hi. My name is Ricardo and i've installed an ide Iomega zip100 on my
> machine but i haven't been able to use it under Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1.
> Can someone help me with this problem?
Well, I'm no expert, see my sig, but I'll take a stab at this. Someone will surely correct my errors.
1. Create a mount point for your Zip drive, eg: /mnt/zip or /zip
eg: as root type: mkdir /mnt/zip or mkdir /zip
2. Edit your /etc/fstab file, put this line in it:
/dev/hdd /mnt/zip vfat user,noauto 0 0
^change these^ to match your setup
3. Now you should be able to mount your drive. Insert a disk into the drive and type as root: "mount -t
vfat /dev/hdd /mnt/zip" (without the quotes).
4. Now you should be able to browse your disk in Konqueror, or any other file manager.
5. You can also create an icon on your desktop. As normal user, if you're using KDE, right click on the desktop, point to
Create New, select Hard Disc. Enter a name for your drive, eg: Zip Drive, click on Device, in the drop
down menu select your zip drive, eg: /dev/hdd, click OK. Your Zip drive should now be accessable from
your new icon.
I hope this helps. Someone, please correct any errors.