Re: 2.4.20 kernel and RTL8139

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Mike Dresser wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Alexander Borghgraef wrote:
> >  Before you ask, yes I did include the 8139 card in menuconfig. When
> > I run ifconfig, eth0 appears in the list alongside lo (loopback device),
> You need socket filtering compiled in.  I'd cut/paste the applicable entry
> for you, but libncurses5-dev seems to have been broken on my system in a
> recent unstable update. (which I think I shall have to file a bug on :D)

 I think I added that one. Any settings I need to adjust? The strange
thing is, the 2.2 kernel still works perfectly, but alas I haven't got
it's config file anymore, just the binary (make mental note: always save
the old config!), so all the .conf files are correct for that one. What
could've changed in the kernel that makes them fail for 2.4.20?

Alex Borghgraef