nforce for relative newbie

I was just getting all excited to get back into Linux - I got a new
nforce-based athlon xp2000+ to play with.

I've started installing stable Debian, and realized I'm going to have
problems.

I started sifting through the usual stuff, does anyone have some
links/faqs/howtos for nforce with Debian?  This is a new install so I'd
rather have all my ducks in a row before I get started.  If necessary I can
throw a different nic in there until it gets off the ground.  But if I could
just feed it a CD during the install...  I'm currently looking at
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_nforce_1.0-0248
but any other help appreciated.  All they have is those silly rpm thingies.
Who the heck wants those?   8-)