cdrom - driver not present

Greetings.  I have a new install of Debian.  I was going to add more packages and turns out my cd drive does not seem to be readable.  The drive does work, as I installed Debian from it.  Also it works fine in Mandrake (I have multiple OSs on this box).  When I first installed Debian it worked fine as I used dselect to install additional packages after the initial reboot of the computer.  I have tried different CDs, so it doesn't appear to be media related.

When I try to mount or access the cd drive I get the message:

	ide-floppy driver 0.97.sv
	hdd: driver not present
	mount: /dev/cdrom is not a valid block device

The line for the cd drive in /etc/fstab is:

	/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

Can anybody clue me in on this one?
Thank you in advance....

Skippi

Skippi