Microtel OS-less computer and Debian

Has anyone had any experience with installing Debian on a Walmart's Microtel OS-less computer? They sell computers with Lycoris or
Mandrake preinstalled but their tech support couldn't tell me if
the OS-less models have the same modem as their Linux models.
The OS-less version seems to have a winmodem and comes with Windows support CDs but nothing for Linux.

If anyone has succeeded in installing Debian on the OS-less model,
would you please let me know how well it works and what special
care was needed with the modem?