Re: Ati videp cards

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 10:38, jon west wrote:

> I am a newbie to linux, and I have purchased a Debian distro package from an
> Ebay online store.   I m waiting untill the next local LUG installfest to
> install it due to my depressing limited computer knowledge.  I have a Raedon
> VE video card witch I use for a dual moniter setup and i have the video out
> hooked up to my VCR and back into my TV turner card so i can put FLASH
> movies on to video.  I know that ATI has linux drivers for some of its
> products, but i have yet to come across one for the VE, and I do not know if
> debian supports a dual moniter setup, In all probabilaty it does. Preparing
> for the installfest.
Yup, I have a Radeon VE that I have had as a dual monitor setup from
time to time.  Ive never quite done it like your doing, but I think it
should work.  The driver your going to want to use is the radeon
driver.  I assume you are going to be using Woody/stable so you will
have xfree86 4.1.  I am not sure what options 4.1 supports, but if you
were go to xfree86.org (http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/radeon.4.html) you
would be able to find the radeon man page for 4.3.  That should give you
an idea on what options to use.  You may also want to look into gatos.
If you go to apt-get.org you can find gatos debs.  Oh, and welcome to
Debian.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>