Re: How do I get Woody 'testing'?

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 01:08:47PM -0700, Maria Rodriguez wrote:
> I'm pretty new to Debian, but is it possible to "go back" to stable if
> testing causes problems?  Or would you have to re-install at that
> point? :->

apt_preferences(5) does claim that you can pin a release above 1000 in
order to tell apt to downgrade to get to it. I've never tried it,
though, and wouldn't want to claim that all packages will be happy with
it: it's not really a supported thing to do. However, with a bit of work
:-), it should be possible.