Re: DST/ntp problems

Kenneth,

* Kenneth Dombrowski <kenneth@ylayali.net> [2003-04-10 20:55]:

> I just realized last night I've been an hour behind since Sunday.
>
> I have two debian machines, one running woody & a laptop running sid,
> they each have both the ntp and ntp-simple packages installed. The
> ntp.confs each include both sundial.columbia.edu & time.nist.gov
>
> On the laptop, I tried to manually adjust the time with
> # date -s 'Thu Apr 10 13:00:00 EST 2003'

have you tried adjusting the time with
  ntpdate <your_time_server>
before starting ntpd?

I run ntpdate from my cron-command eventhough I know it's not fully
recommended.  As far as I remember, ntpd quits if the time difference
is too big.

A list of ntp-servers can be found on
<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1a.html>

HTH

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |