Re: Apache: webdav access just through https?

Hi Angus

    Angus> Why not create a virtual host with https support and only
    Angus> enable DAV in the https virtual host?
    >>  Because DAV directive can be used just in Directory, or
    >> Location :-(
    >>

    Angus> <Directory> directive Syntax: <Directory directory-path>
    Angus> ... </Directory> Context: server config, virtual host
    Angus> ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Status: Core.

    Angus> <Location> directive Syntax: <Location URL-path|URL>
    Angus> ... </Location> Context: server config, virtual host
    Angus> ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Status: core Compatibility: Location is only
    Angus> available in Apache 1.1 and later.

    Angus> Put your Directory or Location directive inside a virtual
    Angus> host which has SSL turned on.

Thanks for recommendation. I do not need RewriteRules more for that :-)

So solution looks like:

[/var/www]:$ ln -s . webdav

<VirtualHost localhost:443>
        <Location  />
        <Location /webdav>
                DAV On
                AuthType Basic
                AuthUserFile   ...
                AuthGroupFile ...
                require group webdav
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

But this solution is just partial.
I have to create symlink webdav (for example) again otherwise users
have to use authorization even for just browsing (https://localhost).

The symlink resolves the users that want to upload through webdav and
the ones that only want to  browse the web.

            :-)
--
      Jan Stavel