Re: Apache: webdav access just through https?

stavel@brailcom.org, Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:23:26PM +0200:
> Hi,
>
>     Angus> stavel@brailcom.org, Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 02:53:38PM +0200:
>     >>  Hi, I would like to set up apache to let users use webdav for
>     >> editing www_root.
>     >>
>     >> But I would like to prevent them from using http when
>     >> publishing.  Let them use just https layer.
>
>     Angus> Why not create a virtual host with https support and only
>     Angus> enable DAV in the https virtual host?
>
> Because DAV directive can be used just in Directory, or Location :-(

<Directory>  directive
Syntax: <Directory directory-path> ... </Directory>
Context: server config, virtual host

<Location>  directive
Syntax: <Location URL-path|URL> ... </Location>
Context: server config, virtual host
Compatibility: Location is only available in Apache 1.1 and later.

Put your Directory or Location directive inside a virtual host which has
SSL turned on.