Re: Convincing someone to switch to Linux

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Pigeon wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:50:50PM -0500, Peter Pauly wrote:
> > What is the name of this company that supplies laptops to Dell, etc?
> > Where can they be purchased?

dell uses custom mb and custom ps and custom cables... etc..
	but at least they still buy mitsubishi/sony crt tubes and put
	their please seal of approval around it

> Have a look round some Taiwanese websites. You can probably buy them
> for around $200 as long as you order a batch of 10,000. Then you could
> build a supercomputing cluster out of laptops.

and the leadtime for custom order can be short or superlong..
6mon-year leadtime ... is what i got for our custom motherboards..

c ya
alvin