Re: alsa module

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:23:06 +0530
Joydeep Bakshi <joy12@vsnl.net> wrote:

> but the alsa-driver source has been located at
> */usr/src/modules/alsa-driver* & the kernel source at
> */usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18*
>
> make xconfig doesn't show the alsa option.  do I need to move the
> alsa-driver at a particular directory (?) under the kernel-source to get
> the alsa option during make xconfig ??

"make ?config" won't show configuration for anything not in the kernel
source tree, and alsa-driver* isn't in the kernel source tree.

Go here to find out how to use make-kpkg; the Advanced Topics section
explains how to make a .debs for third-party modules:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

Kevin