Re: mozilla/unstable/java

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 04:15:01PM -0400, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> Anyways, it appears to be a problem with the plugin and its libraries.
> My X session log notes the following:
>     LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
>     /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
>     [/usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so:
undefined
>     symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
> I'm assuming the maintainer knows, but you might want to check out the
> blackdown site to see if there's any more information. (It's not too
> important to me -- know java sites I need to access right now.)

it's been mentioned earlier, but blackdown has 2 different versions of
java 1.4.  the one compiled with gcc3.2 works with the latest mozilla
in debian, but they don't have the gcc3.2 version packaged for
whatever reason.

if you install the binary distro from blackdown, it'll work.
--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |