Re: mozilla/unstable/java

-- William F. Dowling <william.dowling@isinet.com> wrote
(on Wednesday, 09 April 2003, 03:02 PM -0400):
> I can't seem to get Mozilla 1.3-4 to find the java plugin.
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
>

> I installed mozilla from unstable and followed the directions in
> about:readme-debian to pick up j2re1.4 (BlackDown Java Linux) from
> ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/debian.  After doing
>   mkdir -p /usr/lib/mozilla-cvs/plugins
> by hand the install completed successfully.

I've got the same setup, only I apt-getted blackdown java. Same idea,
though.

Anyways, it appears to be a problem with the plugin and its libraries.
My X session log notes the following:

    LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
    /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
    [/usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so: undefined
    symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]

I'm assuming the maintainer knows, but you might want to check out the
blackdown site to see if there's any more information. (It's not too
important to me -- know java sites I need to access right now.)

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net