Re: Hardware RAID setup

hi ya

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I understand I'll need SCSI support and 3ware Hardware ATA-RAID support
> (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_3W_XXXX_RAID) enabled in the kernel.  I'm not clear what
> that driver provides, though.  My boot CD is based on the bf2.4 floppies
> which has SCSI and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_3W_XXXX_RAID=y, so I should have the
> kernel support needed during installation.
>
> I'm also not clear how the installation process will go -- which is really
> my question.  Again, I kind of expected it to be a normal install, as if I
> was installing to a single drive.

clicking the 3ware option will create the 3wxxx.o modules

you will need it if you wanna use your 3ware card as hardware raid1

you will also need their funky 3ware utility to create the raid devices
connected to their card

	http://www.1u-raid5.net/HW/3ware.uhow2.txt

if you dont use their utility... you get software raid

c ya
alvin