Re: Stange behaviour in mail

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 09:48:07PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:

| I use Fetchmail/Exim combination.  This afternoon I got an e-mail from the
| debian mailing list saying it was unsubscribing me because of lots of bounced
| mails.
| I checked with /var/log/exim/rejectlog and sure enough I seem to be getting
| loads of rejected messages.  According to the logs (not sure about the actual
| messages) all the mails have invalid addresses of <> in either the CC: field
| or occassionally the To: field.
| What could be causing this sort of problem and is their any exim (or
| fetchmail) parameter I can set to stop these particular messages bouncing?

In exim.conf, change the setting of headers_check_syntax to false.  I
don't know why you're having that problem since I enable that feature
(it kills a fair amount of spam) and haven't had any problems (except
for the occaisonal some broken stuff from Outhouse that I want to

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.
        Proverbs 16:20