Re: gnome-sawfish applet error

"Rick Pasotto" <rick@niof.net> writes:
> I am no longer able to configure my sawfish window manager from the
> gnome control panel. All the config programs simply display the message
> 'The applet encountered an error'. The contents of .gnome-errors is:
>
> *** File error: No such file or directory, gui/gtk
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid class type `(unknown)' in cast to `GtkObject'
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 236 (gtk_object_destroy): assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.
>

> Running 'apt-get --reinstall install sawfish-gnome' didn't help.

You're running testing or unstable with Gnome 2.x? I noticed the same
thing. Had to resort to the manual method. Click the middle mouse
button on the background, the select Customize->All Settings.

Note that the sawfish-gnome package doesn't contain much, just docs in
/usr/share/doc/sawfish-gnome. I believe the functionality of
integrating Gnome and Sawfish is all contained within sawfish now, or
maybe within Gnome itself.

I didn't see a bug filed against this, but didn't have enough detail
myself to file one. Might be worthwhile for you to do so since you
have some detail.

It might just be the case that sawfish 1.3 isn't completely
Gnome2.x-ready just yet.

Gary