Re: ogg to mp3?

Neal Lippman wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could suggest a utility for converting ogg
> files to mp3? I have a large collection of online albums in ogg, ripped
> from my cd collection. My wife just got a nice new mp3 player, so I have
> need to convert to mp3s for her to load up in the player. I could rip
> from the original cd's, of course, but that's a pain when I already have
> all the oggs on my server...
>
> Thanks.
> nl

You want to bear in mind that both formats are lossy.

the mp3's made from the oggs won't sound as good as mp3's made from the CD's

this might convince your wife that Ogg is better,

but you should bear it in mind.

In any event you'll need to encode the mp3s from an audio stream, so
unless your CD player is VERY slow (1 or 2x) the real drag still has to
be done.

- --

"I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The
greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of
crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in
concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its
final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved,
seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed
and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars
and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need
to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol
for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state
or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern."

- - C. S. Lewis

John "Johnboy" Griffiths - RiotACT Editor

http://the-riotact.com
Ph: 0412 690 643
ICQ UIN: 7933859
email: johnboy@the-riotact.com