Re: test post. Please ignore

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 11:27:23AM +0500, Santanu Chatterjee wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 19:30:28 +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 05:03:58PM +0200, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> >> Why all that testing?
> >
> > People are stupid and don't realise that email isn't instant?
>
> Sorry friends,
> After I subscribed to the linux-gate mailing list,
> I posted my first 'testing' newspost after waiting for
> about 1/2 hour. That did not appear on this linux.debian.user
> newsgroup. So, I tried again. Then again... Sorry. I kinda
> became desparate.
>
> By the way, I am not using the mailing list for posting.
> I am using this as a newsgroup (linux.debian.user). So,
> I felt that my news post should appear instantly.

Unless Marco has changed it recently (he planned to), the
linux.debian.user newsgroup gateway is not bidirectional. That is,
messages sent to debian-user@lists.debian.org are gatewayed to
linux.debian.user, but not the other way round. Again unless/until it's
changed, you can read via the newsgroup but should send messages to the
mailing list directly.