Re: Why am I no longer receiving the digest?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 10:29:31AM +1000, Chris Kenrick wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:41:46PM +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> > Is there some problem with the list servers at the moment? I haven't
> > received a debian-user-digest since March 31st. Yet on visiting
> > lists.debian.org I see there's been plenty of traffic. Has anybody
> > else not received the digest?
>
> I'm not currently subscribed to the digest, but have been in the past.
> Over that time, probably 4 or 5 occurrences of what you describe
> happened.  You get nothing for days on end, then all of a sudden it
> starts up again.  Hence, I'm back to the debian-user over dialup thing
> too :)

Thanks, that's useful to know... so presumably when it does get going
again, I'll receive 100 digests in a lump? duplicating a few thousand
messages? But if I block the duplicates, the list server gets error
returns and automatically unsubscribes me (or so I understand). Oh well.

> BTW, if the digest does get going again, you can use procmail and
> formail to automatically split it into separate messages again before
> delivering it to your folder.  Makes reading it by thread a whole lot
> easier.

Before I knew about this, I wrote a C program to do it, which I'm
still using as I've had no other reason to want to install
[proc|for]mail. But thanks for the suggestion.

Pigeon