Re: Linux gateway + DHCP server setup?

On  0, Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com> wrote:
> Subba Rao, 2003-Apr-02 18:43 -0500:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > My system is running Debian 3.0 (Woody) Linux.
> >
> > I use this Linux system as the gateway for my home LAN.  It has 2 interfaces
> > eth0 and eth1.
> > 	eth0 - Uses DHCP to connect to the ISP
> > 	eth1 - Uses static IP address (10.10.10.10)
> >
> > Now I want to switch the home LAN to DHCP environment. I have a few questions
> > about the setup.
> >
> > Should the eth1 have a static IP address so that other systems on the LAN know
> > the gateway to the Internet?
>
> Check my suggestion below for the config file.  You'll need to either
> restart or reload the server daemon after the change.

Thank you for replying.  This helped a lot! Now I have my DHCP server
running and the clients are getting their IP addresses.

One other question is, how do you configure the DHCP Server running on
eth1, to serve clients with multiple interfaces?  For example, all my
clients have 2 interfaces (eth0 and eth1).  I can configure eth0 to get
the address from the DHCP server.  How do you tell the DHCP server to
give a different subnet address to the dhclient request for eth1?

Thank you once again.

--
Subba Rao
subba9@cablespeed.com