Re: Courier, which package to install

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:14:08PM +1000, Lindsay Yardley wrote:

> G'day all,
> I want to install Courier mailserver for POP and IMAP behind an already
> installed and configured Postfix. Do I apt-get install just courier-imap
> and courier-pop or should I install the lot somehow as I want the man
> pages etc also configuring with debconf would be nice :-).

I believe that you'll want to install just the courier-imap and -pop
packages.  The full courier package will replace Postfix as your MTA.
And while I'm *no* kind of authority on the packaging standards, I would
expect the -imap and -pop packages to come with the relevant docs.

> tia
> Lindsay
> btw, where can I learn more about debconf as there doesn't seem to be a
> man.

Hmm.  I seem to have one:
  DEBCONF(8)
  debconf - Debian package configuration system
etc.

I wonder whether its manpages are not in your path, or not installed.
I know there is somewhere you can get hold of wayward man pages, but I'm
afraid I don't know where that is.  I've never done it myself.