Re: Why des the x window system pacjage depend on xdm?

* stan <stanb@awod.com> [20030404 13:02 PST]:
> I'm installing on a sysem with a relativly small hard disk, so I'm trying
> to avoid as many unecessary packages as posible.
>
> I'm using gdm for my display maanger, and I went to dlete xdm in dselect,
> and it toldthe that the "x-window-system" package depended on it. I can see
> "recomends", but depends?

 This metapackage provides substantially all the components of the X Window
 System as developed by the XFree86 Project, as well as a set of historically
 popular accessory programs.

Well, why shouldn't it?  So remove the metapackage; no harm done.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/