Re: Shell based text editor for writing prose

    "John" == John Griffiths <johnboy@the-riotact.com> writes:

    John> Hmmm, just wrote a 1,600 article in emacs via ssh.

    John> I'm not using all the navigation aids very well yet but i
    John> can see where I'm going from here.

Heh, heh....I can just see you discovering emacsclient, and then
perhaps the joys of GNU screen. Keep emacs running forever, and just
connect and disconnect to it from anywhere. Or, use screen to run a
session, and attach and detach at will.

It's been a while since I've had to do this kind of stuff, but about
half a decade ago this stuff was a life saver in many situations when
I had to dial in from various sites to my desktop workstation.

Good luck!
Shyamal